Brighton man set to face trial for attempted abuction of an 8-year-old girl

A Brighton man has been told he will stand trial after he has been accused of trying to abduct and sexually assault an eight-year-old girl in Brighton. 

Michael Belhawla has been told he will be remanded in prison until Wednesday 6th of June  when a date will be set for trial at the Crown Court.

During the hearing at court this morning (9th of May 2018) he spoke to confirm his name, address and date of birth. 

The alleged attack happened on Saturday 5 May at approximately 8.25am in Tidy Street. 

 CCTV of the alleged attacker was relased by police earlier in the week. 

CCTV of the alleged attacker was relased by police earlier in the week.